[kde-edu]: Re: Next edu meeting. Please answer asap...

Mario Fux edu-ml at unormal.org
Tue Nov 9 16:33:58 CET 2010

Am Sonntag 07 November 2010, 09.51:40 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:

Morning all

> > well we, that is Bèrto and me, will come - and Nepomuk is definitely very
> > interesting in combination with KDE-Education :-)
> >
> > As to the network "problem" - what exactly is expected in terms of
> > results from such a network-meeting?
>
> As Aleix wrote, we would like to get in touch with our users and see KDE
> and KDE-Edu in a live situation in order to try to define what we can do
> better. Usually such a live situation is a networked classroom.
>
> Last year meeting focused on rebuilding a KDE-Edu community and also
> addressed data. We succeeded a bit with having a logo and a new website
> and reviving interest in our goals as a community. But we still need to
> position ourselves towards teachers and users and the contact with users
> would give our team a new impulse in order to move our software forward.
>
> Lets see if Aleix can get a more precise answer and if we can make the main
> Edu meeting in a teaching environment next year. Or maybe someone else has
> a contact or an idea.
> Of course that will not prevent edu people interested in data and Nepomuk
> to attend the Randa meeting!

Ok. If nobody shouts against it I'll write an email to the e.V. board tomorrow
to see if they would sponsor two meetings. Will CC: this list.

If they agree I would invite you to Randa again. And probably the local
educational highschool could participate somehow as they were interested
recently about Open Source and Free Software at school. But don't know if I
find the time to organize a lot about this. But I'll organize at least the
infrastructure for a meeting!

> Hope it's clearer, best regards,
>
> Anne-Marie

griits