[kde-edu]: Application pages on userbase.kde.org wiki

Matthias Meßmer matthias at familie-messmer.de
Mon May 31 20:04:57 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 31.05.2010 19:44, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> I started to copy some content from edu.kde.org to userbase.
>
> What is the rationale of this? Are we killing edu.kde.org pages or we are just
> duplicating the content?

At the moment it is just a kind of updated copy. But while trying to
port the current edu.kde.org structure and content to the new kde.org
layout calles "chihuahua" we found that application subpages with
several sub menu entries dont fit in the toggle headline menu java ajax
animated layout.

On the other hand there is an official wiki (userbase) containing
information of kde applications. Some of kde-edu were present there for
some longer time, so is Parley and KStars for instance.

So the discussion came to the idea to concentrate the edu.kde.org site
on presentation of the whole project and give only information start
points for every edu application like www.kde.org/applications does.

If so, then the existing content could be moved to the wikis, userbase,
and techbase, latter for development resources.

These are only thoughts. But at the moment I hope some wiki content
about edu apps dont bother anyone anyway...

Greetings

Matthias