[kde-edu]: chemistry

TRINGALINVENT at libero.it TRINGALINVENT at libero.it
Sun May 23 18:12:07 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,
I'm a student of chemistry at the university (Trieste, Italy) and I have
three
ideas for kde-edu.
First: Kalzium is a wonderful program, but it could be better if it would be
integrated with the ICSC database.  Simply add a tool to search a molecule by
name and display the international chemical safety card that contains all the
mainly needed informations. The ICSC is a text, so it would not take very
much
disk space.
Second: Avogadro is a program I use very frequently, expecially for organic
chemistry,  but it isn't part of kde-edu... why? It uses Qt and KDElibs. I
think that the developers would be happy to include the program in kde-edu
suite: it is not already well known.
Third: I, with a professor of analitic chemistry, are writing a program to
work with chemical equilibria and titrations (drawing titration curves both
teorical both experimental and finding points of equivalence). If you want
I can send it to you when it's completed (about at the end of June).

Luca Tringali