[kde-edu]: Scramble: New KDE EDU game

Keval Vora kevalvora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:00:58 CET 2010

Hi,
I am a student from India. I have an idea of an educational game "Scramble"
which I want to implement.

Here, a 4X4 or 5X5 grid is given fully filled with random letters. The
player is supposed to make as many possible words as he / she can in a given
amount of time. Words can be formed if a letter of the word is connected to
the previous letter. By connected letters I mean, 2 letters can either share
a common edge (4 sides of a cell) or they can share a common point (4
corners of the cell).

For example in the following grid,
s  t   r   a
i   c  p  m
o  r   b  e
e  l   p  z

"scramble" is a word.
Hence, this game can be used for building vocabulary of people belonging to
various age groups.

I would like to discuss about "Scramble" as a project and I would be happy
to know any other suggestions in the game to make it more interesting.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Keval Vora