[kde-edu]: Seating Planning by Simulated Annealing / Re: Sugg: Ksitzplan

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Sun Mar 7 15:13:30 CET 2010

Dear list,

rather by random, I encountered a freeware featuring most features named
here. It might be worthwhile asking its author (Timo Leuders) for
sources (depending on libraries used). This freeware runs in wine,
anyway, and implements an algorithm called "simulated annealing".

All URLs I found about it were German:
1. http://wiki.zum.de/SitzplanManager
2. http://www.forum-schule.de/\
   forum-schule-archiv/archiv/06/fs06/magmul.html
3. http://www.cornelsen.de/kts/1.c.316517.de

This English text is about the underlying algorithm:
	http://kl2.dk/pdfs/table_planning.pdf

It is also used for table-planning (schedules).

Regards
Ralf.