[kde-edu]: Parley Manual

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Thu Jan 28 21:58:56 CET 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 21:05:17 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dijous, 28 de gener de 2010, Frederik Gladhorn va escriure:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking for some help with the Parley manual... yes, I know I tried
> >  this before. Since I simply won't get around to it to do it alone, I
> > will try another approach now:
> > I put up some basic skeleton on a wiki, so everyone can edit it and help
> > improve it.
> > So even if you don't have the answers, please write questions in there
> >  (maybe mark them with TODO). I don't know what users are missing in the
> >  manual, so please help out here!
> >
> > Here it comes:
> > http://userbase.kde.org/Parley/Manual
>
> Are you aware of the translation issues wiki based manuals have against
> docbook based ones?
I asked Burkhart, and he even offered to create the docbook in the end :)
Also there are some attempts to automatically do this conversion, so far they
are not good enough though.
I agree that a wiki may not be perfect for the final manual, but I hope we can
get a working up to date document there in a short time. I did some docbook
stuff, and while I can manage, I must say that I did not enjoy it. So in the
evenings, when I'm tired, the likelihood that I'll add a few sentences to the
wiki are much higher than if I had to work with the xml files.

Greetings
Frederik