[kde-edu]: Data files

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Fri Jan 15 13:00:37 CET 2010

Hi dear all,

I'd like to mention a problem I noticed with uploaded data (vocabulary files
for example) to the openDesktop.org sites.

Please please don't put a link to a web site as download link - that breaks
get hot new stuff. I'll try to make get hot new stuff deal better with this, but
it's not trivial.

You can put a link to your homepage somewhere else on the site.
Sabine this is true for at least some of your files. I'd appreciate if you
could change this!
Otherwise your great work will not find it's way to the users :(

I've talked with Frank, he'll improve the text on the website, but I don't
know how much that will help. The other option there is, is leaving a comment
for the author of the file on the page.

If you have other ideas how to solve this, I'd much appreciate ideas!

Greetings
Frederik