[kde-edu]: Rsobotic Simulation game mentor request

ranjith kannikara ranjithkannikara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:31:48 CET 2010

Yes for sure we are ready to develope the game under kde.

We have been contacting the local schools for some time and have found that
the game will be very much usefull in the educational field as the linux
distribution provided by our government to the schools lack such a game. and
will will be intended to the higher secondary and echnical higher secondary
school level students.

I ahve send a mail to the kde-edu and kde-game mailing lists regarding the
project, with subject ' VirtualRobo a new educational game'

Regards,

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tumaix at gmail.com> wrote:

> same question as annme marie asked, if you are willing to develop it
> under KDE libs, I will gladly be your mentor.
>
> On 1/5/10, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you planning on developing it with KDE librairies?
> >
> > Anne-Marie
> >
> > On Monday 04 January 2010 09:47:32 ranjith kannikara wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We are a group of 4 BTech final year students of computer science and
> >> engineering, Kerala , India. We are developing a a robotic simulator
> >>  wrapped with a game. We have registered the project under GPL and
> hosted
> >>  in sourceforge this is our project page
> >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualrobo/
> >>
> >> We request if some is ready to mentor our project , please do contact us
> >> through sourceforge or through direct mail if some one is interested.
> here
> >> is the request we had put in sourceforge..
> >>
> >> "
> >> In the project which is a game/robotic simulator, the user can create a
> >> circuit for robot and simulate the robot to a virtual world where he can
> >> compete his robot with other robots to clear the levels in the virtual
> >>  world game. the user is indented to create wheeled robots.
> >>
> >> We would like to see if some one who has enough experience ready to
> guide
> >>  us in this project. The main areas where we seek advisor/mentor are.
> >>
> >> 1) Circuit simulation
> >>
> >> 2) Game development
> >>
> >> Some documentations over the design of the project is ready.
> >>
> >> We will start hte coding of the project from 24th of this month (
> >>  24/01/'10) and like to release atleast the first beta version of the
> game
> >>  by theend of june 2010.
> >>
> >> If interested ones contact us through email as soon as possible , we can
> >> have detailed chat about the project and start coding from the above
> said
> >> time."
> >>

> >> Regards

> --
> Um Computador sem Windows é como um Navio sem dançarinas de Can-Can

Ranjith Babu Kannikara
0091 9809215273
Student, Computer science and engg, GEC Thrissur...
Student developer google ( 2008 GSOC ).
http://sourceforge.net/users/kannikara
http://www.ranjithkannikara.blogspot.com/