[kde-edu]: Re: git conversion

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:48:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 09:34, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2010 23:05:25 Sebastian Stein wrote:
>> Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com> [101220 19:10]:
>> > Kde is moving towards git, and so is kdeedu. This crucial part about
>> > that are conversion
>> > rules. I wrote those rules for kdemodules including kdeedu you might
>> > want to use.
>>
>> Ok, I tested KBruch and it seems the conversion worked out fine. The
>> git log goes back till the initial import in 2003, which is pretty cool :-)
>>
>> As KBruch has no dependencies to other special libs, I was able to compile
>> and start the version from git after changing the CMakeList.txt file to:
>>
>> ----snippet----
>>
>> project(kbruch)
>>
>> find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED)
>> include(KDE4Defaults)
>>
>> include_directories( ${KDE4_INCLUDES} )
>>
>> add_subdirectory( src )
>>
>> ----snippet----
>>
>> As I wrote before in this thread, I'm not sure if that was a correct way of
>> changing the cmake stuff, but at least it compiles.
>>
>> So from my point of view, the svn2git rules work and can be applied to
>> kbruch.
>>
>> What is the next step?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Sebastian
> Well done Sebastian.
> Checking that the history is all there is the first step for everyone. Checking
> that it builds is the second :)
> If KBruch has no libkdeedu dependency then it's quite ready and the migration
> will be painless.
>
> Niko, what's the ETA for this please?
> - when can we move (considering the 4.6 release)
> - do we need to migrate all around the same time or can it be done bit by bit?
well, you decide, especially due to the fact that I will be travelling
starting next year
 for about 4,5 months. So somebody else will have to do the conversion - sorry.

> I think we should make a wiki page about it: what wiki (techbase or community,
> I can find out and start it) with the history check, the state (ready, depends
> on, ...) and the migration date when it happens.
good idea.

And *all* code related changes can be done before the git conversion.
(and in the end delete kdeedu/CMakeLists.txt)

....and I've been working on cmake code for libkdeedu, will send a patch later.

Niko