[kde-edu]: Re: git conversion

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Dec 20 22:17:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kde is moving towards git, and so is kdeedu. This crucial part about
> that are conversion
> rules. I wrote those rules for kdemodules including kdeedu you might
> want to use.
>
> But first you have to decide about the repository layout; should it be
> split or one big repository?
> This has to be decided by the module developers.
>
> I see one issue with split: libkdeedu. You have to make a "real"
> library out of it that lives
> in it's own repository.
> Other than that split seems to be suitable as most/all(?) applications
> are independent.
>
> My rules produce split repositories, as I would prefer that layout.
> Contributing to marble
> would be much harder otherwise.
>
> Ok, to test the resulting repositories clone them and review the history:
> git clone ssh://
> git at dewey.kde.org/home/git/nsams/test-complete/KDE/kdeedu/marble
>
> use this to get a list of all repositories:
> ssh git at dewey.kde.org ls /home/git/nsams/test-complete/KDE/kdeedu

Niko,

How would one build the sources checked out from the above repositories?
Kanagram for example fails to configure because it's CMakeLists.txt don't
have anything about KDE4 so kde4_add_app_icon is not defined.  Is there
going to be some temporary CMakeList.txt we can place in a global kdeedu
folder until we can fix our CMakeList.txt files to build independently?

Jeremy