[kde-edu]: git conversion

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:59:44 CET 2010

Hi,

Kde is moving towards git, and so is kdeedu. This crucial part about
that are conversion
rules. I wrote those rules for kdemodules including kdeedu you might
want to use.

But first you have to decide about the repository layout; should it be
split or one big repository?
This has to be decided by the module developers.

I see one issue with split: libkdeedu. You have to make a "real"
library out of it that lives
in it's own repository.
Other than that split seems to be suitable as most/all(?) applications
are independent.

My rules produce split repositories, as I would prefer that layout.
Contributing to marble
would be much harder otherwise.

Ok, to test the resulting repositories clone them and review the history:
git clone ssh://git@dewey.kde.org/home/git/nsams/test-complete/KDE/kdeedu/marble

use this to get a list of all repositories:
ssh git at dewey.kde.org ls /home/git/nsams/test-complete/KDE/kdeedu

To access this server you need public key authentication with your
idendity.kde.org key.

known issue:
kalgebra history doesn't go back to playground because of an svn2git
bug that has
been fixed already, but this version is not yet on dewey.kde.org.

Oh, the used rule rule is "kde-ruleset/kdemodule-split-rules"

Niko