[kde-edu]: On teachers contributing content Was: KEduca resurrection (possible GSoC project)

Duda Nogueira dudanogueira at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:08:48 CEST 2010

Hi Alex!

That's a great idea. Deliver content among the software is definetly
the way to Go!

However, I don't think that relying on a web content such as portal do
professor is a good idea, not only for the non semantic content as you
pointed, but mainly for the availability and stability of the whole
portal.

Instead of putting the content into the software, a better aproach
should be the opposite: put the software into the content.

That's why I think Keduca can be a key software to do this job,
integrating content with software.

Picture the usage: Anne wants to teach her students about calcium/
milk. She will create a Keduca file, with richmedia (audio, video,
images, flash, weblinks) grabed from a Creative Commons source, and
can also link his Keduca class with a specific application, even
linking a specific word, such as "calcium" to a command, like "kalzium
calcium"

Anne can also share her class, created on her language by clicking on
a button "share", and making it available on a central repository.

Later, other teacher, named Marie ;) will be able to download the
shared Keduca class, improve it, use it, and share it back on the
central repository.

It can be either a crazy idea or a good vision...

Just a quick correction: Syst, the company I work for is the same as
Metasys, but we prefer to be called as Metasy, for branding matters :)

What do you guys think about that? A meeting/brainstorm would be great!!

Enviado de meu iPhone