[kde-edu]: KEduca resurrection (possible GSoC project)

Duda Nogueira dudanogueira at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:51:13 CEST 2010

Hi there!

As Mauricio said, we (Syst) have total interest in keeping a close
contact with KDE and KDE-EDU, helping on improvements not only in
KEduca app, but the whole Educational stack in open source, whenever
possible.

It's important to note that our distro is being shipped in thousands
of Intel Classmates. Here in Brazil we have more then 13.000 already
delivered, and more 150.000 to go, as the UCA (One Laptop per Child)
Project from Brazil's government is being launched.

On the desktop side, we have about 4.000 thousand schools here in our
state, Minas Gerais, with approximately 15 computers each, all of them
with KDE on in it.

There is also another dekstop project, from the Communication area of
the government, that plans to deliver 20.000 labs, each one with 15
computers. From this total, 5.000 was already delivered, and the rest
will be delivered on the following months.

With KEduca, we want to share/contribute with code, expertise and help
on stimulating teachers and institutions to develop and share new
tests/KEduca files.

The Educational Area of our Government has an awesome portal
(http://portaldoprofessor.mec.gov.br/recursos.html) with tons of
contents (66G so far), and we think it'll be a good area to share the
pt-br KEduca tests.

I'll be looking closely for the KEduca-new development, as I truly
believe this will a win-win situation, and a very interesting project!

Best Regards!

Duda Nogueira
Gerente de Projetos em Tecnologia
www.dudanogueira.com.br