[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 03:05:33 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 10:38:03 Matthias Meßmer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> >> How about "Euklides"?
> >
> > Yeah, why not. Anybody against this one?
>
> There was a dynamic geometry system (like KGeo) in germany called
> "Euklid". As I remember the author was made to change the name: now it
> is calles "Euklid DynaGeo"[1]. So I think "euKlides" could get trouble.
>
> Cheers
>
> Matthias
>
> [1] http://www.dynageo.com/eng/index.html

Hi,
looks like it's harder to find a good name than I thought at first, so what
should I do now? I see the following possibilities:
- use one of the proposed names, even if has some other meanings in different
languages ([CK]antor, Klein, ....)
- use Euklides and hope it won't cause problems, and change the name again if
it does
- use MathematiK (maybe removing the uppercase K) for now, and head for
kdereview anyway (either keeping it or just postponing the change to some
later moment)
- come up with a new name

What do you think would be the best thing?
Anyway I'd really like to land in kdereview within the next week (as I'm
getting really tired of the whole naming thing).

regards,
Alexander