[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Sep 1 08:32:56 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 03:42:49 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I've decided to rename MathematiK to Kantor (after Georg Cantor, the
> >  creator of set theory). I have a local checkout where the names are
> >  replaced, but what's the best way to commit it? Should I first commit
> > the renamings, then rename the subdir in playground/edu (and move to
> > kdereview at a second moment), or should I just skip the renaming of the
> > subdir, and directly move trunk/playground/mathematik to
> > /trunk/kdereview/kantor? What's the best way to do this renaming? How
> > about the translations (at which point should messages.sh export to
> > kantor.po istead of
> >  mathematik.po?) Is there anything else that needs to be done?
>
> If it were me, I'd do it in 2 steps, first rename and get the translations
> going to the right po file, then move to kdereview.  But you should ask
>  kde- i18n-doc at kde.org just to be sure (I've cc'ed them for ya).
yes, the best is to rename in playground and you can maybe CC the commit to
this list so we'll test it and to i18n as well.
Then I would say maybe after 1 day you can move to kdereview. Again you can CC
i18n when you move as the translations will move as well. Same when you will
include in kdeedu.

I'll try to spend some time testing your program, this week is back to school
week so it's not easy to find time for KDE with 4 kids ;)

I talked yesterday on IRC with Jeremy about GHNS and he said you got upload to
work. This is awesome news!

Best regards,

Anne-Marie