[kde-edu]: Thoughts on KDE-Educationals in general

Julian Baeume julian at svg4all.de
Sun Oct 4 18:12:37 CEST 2009

Moin,
On Saturday 03 October 2009 10:45:00 Sabine Emmy Eller wrote:
> I am asking myself about the following: is there some kind KDE-Educationals
> live CD or DVD? There are very slim linux versions that can also be run
>  from a stick. Passing an updated CD/DVD each X months is not really
>  difficult.
>
> Or is there already something like this existing?

Have you heard about the opensuse-education project?
http://www.opensuse-education.org/

They provide a repository for the openSUSE distribution and also a live-
CD/DVD. They even provide images for VMware/VirtualBox.

This project also provides support for the distribution (Bug-Tracker at
novells bugzilla, mailing-list, irc-channel)

You can also find information in the official opensuse wiki here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Education

and in German:
http://de.opensuse.org/Bildungswesen

These pages also provide some links to other projects, that do related things.

bye then
julian