[kde-edu]: [Fwd: openSUSE Community Week / KDE]

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at zonker.net
Mon May 11 21:16:06 CEST 2009

Hi Anne-Marie,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
<annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:

> What are sessions for? are users coming asking questions?

Some sessions are tutorials, some are meetings, and some are working
sessions. Users are asking questions. :-)

> Does it require to run Suse?

No - I'm sure we have attendees who aren't running openSUSE. However,
the topics are all related to openSUSE in some way - so, if you wanted
to do something related to KDE in general, that'd probably be welcome.
If it's, say, an Ubuntu tutorial, it wouldn't really fit in. ;-)

For KDE sessions, Will Stephenson is the guy to talk to: WStephenson at novell.com

> Care to explain with more details?

Basically, we're running real-time IRC sessions to help people become
contributors to openSUSE.

You can find more info here:

http://en.opensuse.org/Community_Week
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=94430984151

I'm on IRC and IM if you want to chat in real time. I'm jbrockmeier on
Freenode and xonker on GTalk.

Best,

Zonker
--