[kde-edu]: GSOC -- Parley practice fix-up

David Capel wot.narg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:34:33 CET 2009

As some might remember, I worked on a new set of practice modes for Parley
last summer for Google Summer of Code. The code works pretty well, but
various bugs, inconsistencies, and UI issues have prevented everything but
the flashcard mode from being enabled in 4.2. Unfortunately, life and time
constraints at my first year of university have not let me address these
issues yet, but I would like to bring the new modes to a release-quality
level over the summer (perhaps in time for 4.3?).

If I were to propose a GSOC application to polish the new practice modes
with a focus on UI (and make some new modes, of course), would there be any
interest in this? Would Jeremy, Frederik, or someone else be interested in
mentoring?

I want to gauge interest before I create a more formal application.

Thanks for your consideration,
David (narg in irc)