[kde-edu]: gps interface/daemon/spec for kde/gnome

C.Mueller christian.mueller.konstanz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:49:35 CET 2009

Hello,

i like to volunteer to create some Interface /Daemon /Freedesktop spec /
Dbus for GPS Abstraction.

i thought about something like Network manager or Phonon or a combination.

First of all, i want to discuss this with the Marble Guys, as they have
already a custom marble implementation. I thought about some Methods like
"getCoordinates" , "getnearestStreet" and so on. Lets do some brainstorming,
and tell me what do you think about that.

Perhaps some system tray applet would be nice, to get notifications if
something is happening in your neighborhood you subscribed to..

Please add me to the edu mailing list - thanks !

Christian