[kde-edu]: Step segfault

Glen Kaukola gkaukola at cs.ucr.edu
Tue Dec 15 21:58:01 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm able to crash Step every time I run it simply by creating a disk and
attempting to change the radius slightly.  Does the same thing happens for
anyone else?

Anyhow, I threw in some debugging statements and ran step under gdb and it
appears that libqalculate's Number::floatValue() method is the culprit.

In an effort to try and further isolate the problem I for the most part
copied over verbatim Step's UnitsCalc::parseNumber() method to a
simplified stand alone C++ application.  Yet when I run this simplified
application I get no crash.  Number::floatValue() works just fine.

So now I'm completely at a loss.  Does cmake do something odd with regards
to floating point variables that I'm unaware of?  And can anyone give me
any advice on how to proceed debugging Step at this point?

Thanks,
Glen Kaukola