[kde-edu]: Marble spelling errors

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Fri Dec 4 10:46:07 CET 2009

Hi Glen,

On Thursday 03 December 2009 06:49:29 gkaukola at cs.ucr.edu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm giving this a second try as the marble list seems a bit dead.
>
> And sorry if I'm stepping on anyones toes here, as I didn't really going
> about informing people too well that I was working on this, but I have a
> bunch of spelling corrections for the Marble project.
>
> First off a slew of corrections are attached in diff format.

Thanks, I've committed your diff to svn ( Rev. 1058280 ) -- except for a few
changes which affect files that don't have their origin in the Marble project.

> Also, I didn't really want to mess with "satalite" as first off I'm not
> sure as to whether or not that's an alternate spelling,

I doubt it :-)

> and secondly
> changing that would be somewhat invasive.  So I'll leave that up to you
> guys.
>
> The file:
> kdeedu/marble/docs/projects/gps/project_discription
> should be named project_description.
>
> A couple more files that are misnamed:
> kdeedu/marble/src/lib/geodata/handlers/dgml/DgmlAuxillaryDictionary.cpp
> kdeedu/marble/src/lib/geodata/handlers/dgml/DgmlAuxillaryDictionary.h
> Auxiliary is the correct spelling I believe.  That means the guts of those
> and whatever files include those would need changing.

Yes, we need to change those. Patch appreciated ;-)

> And not exactly a spelling issue, but a lot of the license text I'm seeing
>  at the top of files is a bit strange.  Particularly this part:
>     You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
>  License aint with this library see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not, write to
>  the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
>  Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
> It seems like a word or sentence was left out perhaps?  And "aint"?

Yes that looks a bit strange. Somebody needs to check whether we have a buggy
LGPL license in our SVN.

Torsten