[kde-edu]: Marble spelling errors

gkaukola at cs.ucr.edu gkaukola at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Dec 3 06:49:29 CET 2009

Hi there,

I'm giving this a second try as the marble list seems a bit dead.

And sorry if I'm stepping on anyones toes here, as I didn't really going
about informing people too well that I was working on this, but I have a
bunch of spelling corrections for the Marble project.

First off a slew of corrections are attached in diff format.

I tried not to worry about British vs. American spelling but may have
inadvertently changed a few things to the American spelling.

I can't guarantee I spotted every mistake, but I'd imagine I came pretty
close.

Also, I didn't really want to mess with "satalite" as first off I'm not
sure as to whether or not that's an alternate spelling, and secondly
changing that would be somewhat invasive.  So I'll leave that up to you
guys.

The file:
kdeedu/marble/docs/projects/gps/project_discription
should be named project_description.

A couple more files that are misnamed:
kdeedu/marble/src/lib/geodata/handlers/dgml/DgmlAuxillaryDictionary.cpp
kdeedu/marble/src/lib/geodata/handlers/dgml/DgmlAuxillaryDictionary.h
Auxiliary is the correct spelling I believe.  That means the guts of those
and whatever files include those would need changing.

And not exactly a spelling issue, but a lot of the license text I'm seeing at
the top of files is a bit strange.  Particularly this part:
    You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public License
    aint with this library see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not, write to
    the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
    Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
It seems like a word or sentence was left out perhaps?  And "aint"?

Cheers,
Glen Kaukola