[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:19:41 CEST 2009

On Monday 24 August 2009 14:23:19 Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Alexander Rieder schrieb:
> > Hi,

> > Some of the current features are:

> > - Backends for:
> >   - the Sage mathematics software (http://www.sagemath.org)
> >   - the Maxima Computer Algebra System (http://maxima.sourceforge.net/)
> >   - the R project for Statistical computing (http://www.r-project.org/)
>
> I just tried to compile mathematik on windows and I found some problems
> - If R is not available, currently the build fails because you use
> message(FATAL_ERROR) in your FindR.cmake. I think I can try to fix this
> myself, if you don't mind (so that in the end
> macro_optional_find_package works).
Sure, go ahead, I don't really know how these CMake checks work anyway. The
code for the FindR.cmake was taken from the RKward project

> - In both Maxima and Sage backends you use kptyprocess to start the
> runtime executables. As there are no ptys on windows, I would like to
> know if you really need to use it instead of kprocess directly? If I
> find the time, I will take a look into that as well, but I might need a
> bit longer for that.

I was first using KProcess, but i remember having some really strange problems
with it (like some commands not working, while others do), but maybe it can be
changed so it uses kprocess on windows (as the're is very little code that
needs to be changed, and it's all in (Sage|Maxima)Session ).

Bye,
Alexander