[kde-edu]: Reusing [modified] kgeography data

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 14 11:39:37 CEST 2009

A Dijous, 13 d'agost de 2009, Shahab Shirazi va escriure:
> Hi,

Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.

> I'm trying to use the maps, flags and some source codes of kgeography
> project in my own project (FlashQard).
> But I'm not sure about license issues. I know that the source codes are
> GPL licensed but what about the maps and flags?

That's a good question, we have never been very explicit about the licensing
of our data, we have made sure it's free to distribute and edit but haven't
speficied a license over them. Which sucks, but well, nobody is perfect.

So i guess you can use the maps/flags and if you find something that is wrong
please ping us back so we can fix it.

> Also, I need to change the maps in order to use it in FlashQard. In this
> case what happens to the name of the author in *.kgm files? should I
> keep them and add my name? or should I just leave it? or is it possible
> to do it at al???

Do not remove the name, just add yours.

Albert