[kde-edu]: [Kde-games-devel] GSoC Proposal: krobots

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:55:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Rodrigo Gonçalves de Oliveira sent me a very cool proposal for
> appreciation, based on an idea that has been on techbase for a couple of
> years:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Proposed_Games#Robot_Battle_.28Programming_Game.29
>
> Rodrigo was recommended by Gustavo Boiko, from Mandriva, and he first
> contacted me about GSoC a few weeks ago. I did not know, but he kept on
> working on his proposal, and yesterday he sent me an updated version. I
> hurried him to post it to the Google SOC site.  It is interesting
> because it is a game (a complex one) but ties also into KTurtle, from
> KDE Edu. Niels, are you registered as a mentor? Maybe this can be
> something of interest to you as well.
>
> I am posting the draft here for you guys to have a look at, waiting for
> Rodrigo to post the final version at the gsoc site.

As chance would have it, there already is such a game named K-Robots
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/krobots). It's not a KDE app, though. I
stumbled upon the existence of K-Robots only because "KRobots" was the
original working title of Killbots.

Either way, I don't think this is grounds for abandoning the proposal
or anything. I just thought it was interesting. A name change would
probably be a good idea, though.

Parker