[kde-edu]: FlashQard

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Sep 25 11:02:46 CEST 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 01:17:05 shahab shirazi wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for your reply...
> Thats right. I'm using my own file format but it's easy to add the ability
> to import kvtml.
> Parley and KWordQuiz are designed for vocabulary training which is really
> good for the people who want to use it only for vocabulary and nothing
> else. However, FlashQard is not designed for an specific kind of card.
> Although it currently features only "Regular cards" and "Vocabulary cards"
> but it will be extended to "Sound cards", "Map cards",...
I think Parley can easily be extended too
> Parley and KWordQuiz are using plain text for vocabularies
They are using an xml based format which can be extended to anything.
The main advantage is that one can currently study vocabulary with Parley,
KWordQuiz, KAnagram and KHangMan.
> and I think
> that's not easily changeable because it's the nature of those programs.
I think it can be extended
> And
> if we want to add rich text, they will need lots of fundamental changes.
No, there's a special lib for kvtml
> Parley and KWordQuiz are really great softwares for vocabulary learning.
> But, not everyone uses flashcard programs only for plain vocabularies.
What for then? Can you give us examples?
> Best regards,
> Shahab.
Anne-Marie