[kde-edu]: Sugg: Ksitzplan

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Sun Oct 26 15:34:14 CET 2008

Dear list,

sometimes there is developers who are just waiting for another idea what
to code from scratch (because it is more fun to code from zero).

Sometimes teachers need to find an optimal [TM] or at least working
layout of where each pupil sits. Personally, I use spreadsheets to
design the position of tables/seats as table layout, and then place
names into the cells.

This is quite error prone, as you tend to drop names or even more likely
place the same name twice.

Ksitzplan could support features like
- predefine a set of common table layouts (grouped, rows)
- free selection of perspective (pov:mirror/rotate)
- support of rules (mixed/equal pairs: male-male or male-female)
- white and black matrices (NxN): A must not/should be adjacent to B

Ksociograma bears some (but not too many) features that could be reused.
I think there is already commercial software in this area - but am sure,
coding it in Qt4 and making it FOSS leads to the very best results.

If you just like this idea, please give me feedback.
Cheers
Ralf