[kde-edu]: Step compile problems in KDE4.1

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Nov 20 20:04:23 CET 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008 19:54:59 RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 29 Mai 2008 schrieb Timothy Niiler:
> > I'm trying to build the kdeedu package from beta1 and I've had no
> > luck at all building Step (which is of primary interest!)
>
> Hello,
>
> after successfully upgrading my notebook to KDE 4, I would like to use
> more recent versions of the KDE Edu apps. Most of them are on
> kde4.debian.net (or similiar).
>
> I also managed to compile semantik (formerly kdissert), but as for step,
> I don't know how to proceed. I installed really loads of dependencies,
> and I followed Carsten's instructions to get kde-edu (all stuff!) from
> svn. When I enter build/libkdeedu and enter "make" I am told that there
> is no target to build.
>
> Maybe the instructions are outdated? Any way to get a compiled version
> for Debian?
The instructions for building Step are there:
http://edu.kde.org/step/obtain.php

You need to issue the 'cmake ' command (with proper arguments) in the whole
kdeedu build dir and look at the output for missing dependencies.
As indicated on the webpage gmm is needed for Step to build, optional are GSL
and libqalculate which Debian should provide.

Then you cd to libkdeedu build dir and issue make and same in step build dir.

4.2 beta 1 was tagged and will be out in a few days, maybe ask Debian Edu
packagers to package it for you.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie