[kde-edu]: Towards 4.2 and planned meeting

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Nov 17 08:31:02 CET 2008

Hi Edu developers,

Just a quick reminder about the schedule for 4.2:
-> today is hard feature freeze, please update
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Feature_Plan
to state what features are done.

-> you have until tomorrow to check your strings and fix the messages if they
need. If you can, do not forget tooltips and qwhatsthis help, they are really
handy in configuration dialogs for example.

-> you can then work on the docs and update them until the 25th November. If
you do not know docbook, send me some text and I'll integrate it.

* I thought this morning that maybe we could remove KPercentage from the
module as the percentage exercises are now integrated in KBruch. I don't know
if it is possible today as it's last feature day. What do you think about it?
By the way, KBruch had been reworked by a Brazilian Team and is now really
interesting!

* I promised I would organize an Edu meeting in automn but I was too busy.
Beginning of next year is already busy too and the only opening I would have
would be in March. Are you interested in an Edu meeting a week-end in March?
February and April have kids holiday so are a blocker for me. However it all
depends on you and can be done without me as long as someone takes a bit of
leadership to get things going. I would prepare it all the same, it just needs
someone in charge the week-end.
So please either drop me a personal mail or answer this list.
IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF KDE-EDU AND THINK ABOUT JOINING US but are not sure
what you want to do, you can join too! If you're an artist, if you want to
improve docs, if you want to test our programs, ... you can! No need to be a
C++ genius! A meeting is the best way to get you started!

Best regards,

Anne-Marie