[kde-edu]: KDE-Edu Presentation

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Fri May 2 07:39:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

        I was in Taiwan attending a conference organised by Open
Hardware Initiative ( OHI ) and co-organised by ASUS and many other
"free  culture" groups. Ian Monroe and Seb Ruis of Amarok fame were
also present there. We represented KDE there at the conference.

        I gave a KDE-Edu talk at the Asus HQ on second Asus day.
Please check the link [2] for the slides. The presentation is
basically a re-run from my last kde-edu presentation but I have added
a few more slides and modified some of those from the conference's
perspective.

        During the talk, I gave a few demos of KDE-Edu apps - Marble,
Kalzium, Step :). Also showed those and other applications during
corridor talks, all important coffee shop discussions etc especially
during the University days. Maybe Ian and Seb can talk about their
Amarok talk which was quite nice :).

        The conference was a huge fun and really wonderful. People in
Taiwan are very nice and warm.

         Thanks everybody for answering my questions and the support.

        [1]http://wiki.openpattern.org/index.php/OpenTechSummitTaiwan2008
        [2]http://xinh.org/~pradeepto/kde-edu-ots-tw-2008.pdf

        Cheers!

Pradeepto