[kde-edu]: KAlgebra GSoC

Aleix aleixpol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:25:22 CET 2008

Hi,
I've been thinking about what proposal to send for this year's GSoC and I
have some ideas in my head. One of them would be to give some interfaces to
KAlgebra, since it is something that many people is requesting and that I
think that could consolidate the project.

I've thought of some:
- KOffice shape for the plots and maybe calculator. I've been talking about
that with john tapsell and it seems to be something possible and that could
be useful at some point.
- Adapt the parser so that it is actually useful for Step as we said with
Vladimir in Paris.
- Use the changes to improve the plasmoid and get a plotting one.
- Adapt the 3d graphs to the 2d architecture so that we can play better with
them.

In case it was accepted, I think that it would be good that the mentor was
someone with a scientific background, mostly for the koffice interface use
cases.

Well, I'd like you to tell me what do you think of it and if you have a
better idea, to tell me :)

Thanks,
Aleix