[kde-edu]: koffice dependency for kdeedu

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 11:08:32 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I agree with Cyrille, for now the marble flake should move to playground.
There it can depend on both, edu and koffice with no problem and simply have
normal version checks.
This will allow to work on the flake as needed and avoid svn-externals
(remember, they are evil).

Since koffice 2 is not released yet, we really cannot depend on it, and I don't
see the point in shipping the flake with kde-edu if no koffice is installed.
IMHO this also prohibits extragear for now at least until there has been a
release of koffice and marble provides some stable api.

In the future, I wonder if not koffice might be the appropriate place for the
flake (with optional edu dependency).
If it is not acceptable to demand edu to be built before office or the flake libs
are moved to kdelibs, it needs to be in extragear.
Being in extragear should be good, especially if Cyrille's offer to release
along with koffice is accepted :)

Greetings,
Frederik