[kde-edu]: Element names and origin of names in Kalzium

Stephan Johach hunsum at gmx.de
Tue Jan 1 13:51:50 CET 2008

Hi all!
Am Samstag 01 Dezember 2007 12:49:58 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Saturday 01 December 2007 11:39:39 Eloy Cuadra va escriure:
> > >
> > > You mean strings like "Greek 'hydro' and 'gennao' for 'forms water'"?
> > >
> > > They are extracted to libkdeedu, there is
> > > kdeedu/kalzium/src/kalzium.cpp:148: KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalog(
> > > "libkdeedu" ); in the source, but I also see no translation in german.
> >
> > It seems there's a bug in libkdeedu/libscience/elementparser.cpp
> >
> > I think this patch against current SVN version should work (not tested!).
>
> Tested and worked for the catalan translation. I've commited to SVN. Thanks
> for the patch.

Strange. We (the german team) had problems showing the element names
with current svn. I did some investigation and moved the loading of
the catalog libkdeedu before (!) the loading of the element file. Now it
works.

SVN commit 755392 by johach:

Load catalog libkdeedu before loading the element file!
Now it really shows the translated element names.

Stephan