[kde-edu]: Dylon: New developer in training

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Dec 25 12:14:45 CET 2008

Hi Dylon,
I am the KAlgebra maintainer for now and I'm glad to see anyone interested
on such a tool. :P

I am not planning to change any underlying technologies such as the parser
or anything similar by now (it is not being revamped), but it would be great
if you wanted to take a deep look at the project and help us take it
forward, providing new interfaces and ideas to make it more useful to users.

If what you plan is to make a frontend for maxima, well, this is a whole
different project and you might want to talk to koffice guys, because there
the interesting thing would be to have a KOffice maxima flake, which would
be great too.

You don't want to write yet another CAS, probably.

Thanks,
Aleix