[kde-edu]: We need more promotion

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Dec 15 08:07:07 CET 2008

On Sunday 14 December 2008 22:49:15 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Today Aleix and me gave a talk in front of not much people (around 10), all
> of them were linux knowledgeable people but most did not know KDE-edu
> existed. There were one or two people with real teaching experience that
> gave some suggestions, i think this kind of people is very valuable because
> it gives real world feedback into our applications.
>
> In general i think they were quite happy with the applications so good job
> with that :-) and bad job with the promotion side :-(
>
> Albert

Thansk a lot, Aleix and Albert! Hope you

Yes, we need someone interested in doing the promo of KDE-Edu, someone who is
not a developer. Developers have limited time as development itself is taken
on their free time. I cannot do promotion for the same reason.

We need a non-developer or a team of people making promo: logo, finding a
slogan, maybe change the name of KDE-Edu to something catchier, doing flyers,
press articles, ...

This is a brand new area for non-developer people and you'll have a wide space
open for letting your ideas take form! Please do step forward!!!

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie