[kde-edu]: Linking to libmarble and MarbleWidgetInputHandler

Willi Ballenthin wrb2102 at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 28 05:35:09 CEST 2008

Hi all!

Ive been in the corner now for a few months, listening to the conversations of
the KDE community, and trying to get a feel for it.  Here's one of my first
interactions... *nervous*

I've been trying to write a training log application, to store the details of
my runs and races. Inspired by the Digikam integration of Marble, I've been
working to include a MarbleWidget as well.  I had success today when the
widget loaded, but as I've been trying to extend it to my needs, I've been
getting a bit confused.

I've subclassed MarbleWidgetInputHandler; at this point all it does is print
out some debug statements.  However when I try to compile, I'm receiving
undefined references to the MarbleWidgetInputHandler.

Currently I just have qmake generate the Makefile, and I have the Marble
libraries installed (libmarble4-kde4 and libmarble-dev-kde4 on Kubuntu 8.04).
My linking looks like this:

LIBS += -L/usr/lib/kde4/include/marble \
             -lmarblewidget \
             -L/usr/lib/kde4/lib \
             -L/usr/lib/kde4/lib/kde4

But again compilation is spitting out errors such as:

/home/willi/Programming/CPP/Qt/traintracker/marblewidgettraintrackerinputhandler.cpp:61:
undefined reference to `MarbleWidgetInputHandler::~MarbleWidgetInputHandler()'
/home/willi/Programming/CPP/Qt/traintracker/marblewidgettraintrackerinputhandler.cpp:61:
undefined reference to `MarbleWidgetInputHandler::~MarbleWidgetInputHandler()'
/home/willi/Programming/CPP/Qt/traintracker/marblewidgettraintrackerinputhandler.cpp:61:
undefined reference to `MarbleWidgetInputHandler::~MarbleWidgetInputHandler()'

Is there another library I should be linking to?  Am I confusing the classes
to which I can extend (my C++ experience is limited to a year or two)?

Thanks for bearing with me and any ensuing responses!

Willi

PS, If my message or attitude is out of place, please quickly tell me! The KDE
community has been great so far and I'd really like to get more involved!