[kde-edu]: KTurtle and Akademy

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Aug 20 00:36:13 CEST 2008

Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Dienstag 12 August 2008 23:14:00 schrieb Mauricio Piacentini:
>
>> Documentation improvements:
>> =Documentation for math functions
>> -Round function documentation
>
> please explain how it works.
>
> is it already in 4.1 or only in trunk?

Both were already in 4.1. Round() is undocumented, and it rounds the
number entered to the nearest integer. In the console, try:

print round(10.8)
forward 20
print round(10.3)
forward 20

And you will see that it will print
11
10

The math functions are listed in the "Can the Turtle do math?" page of
the doc, but there are no explanation of what each one does. Niels
mentioned he thinks it would be nice to have a small explanation for
each. Currently the text is:

"KTurtle has advanced mathematical features. It knows the number pi and
trigonometrical functions like sin, cos, tan, arcsin, arccos, arctan and
the functions sqrt and exp."

On the other hand, people that want to use these functions probably know
what they are supposed to do, so if we are writing the docs for kids
maybe a full description is not needed.

You asked previously about the console: it is the lineedit widget
available in the toolbar that you can use to enter a one line command
and test it. It is available in 4.1 and trunk as well, but undocumented.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini