[kde-edu]: KGameTheme Question

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 21:14:58 CEST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 22:07:48 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> David Capel wrote:
> > I agree that it's a bad strategy to copy code, but do we really want to
> > make kdegames a dependency of kdeedu? It seems best to avoid inter-module
> > dependencies. Do you know what the status on the port to kdelibs is? That
> > would be the best option, in my opinion.
>
> That will not be an intermodule dependancy with the whole kdegames one:
> the idea is to create a new module, kdegameslib, that will contain the
> shared code. Parley is not the only application that needs this:
> StepGame will use it as well, and possibly Blinken. This is more or less
> the situation we have with kdepimlibs, for example.

Blame me, at Akademy I talked to  Riccardo Laconelli and Josef Burns about
the Plasma package stuff, but we didn't get very far.
My current understanding also from previous conversation with Aaron is that we
should get Plasma::Package into kdelibs and build on that.
There will even be an upload tool for that and it would be nice to finally get
upload in GHNS going, we discussed with the kde-apps.org etc maintainer about
that as well.
I still have to look at the Plasma code though, and it still might be
necessary to keep the gui of the kgametheme around to have something easy for
theme selection, I'm not sure what plasma has for that.

Regards,
Frederik

--
Frederik Gladhorn