[kde-edu]: Step: Bug in buildsystem?

Philippe Widmer phwidmer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:50:14 CEST 2008

Hallo everyone,

I'm new to KDE development and Im not shure, wether this is the correct place
to post this.

I just tried to compile kde-edu from trunk. I got the following output from
cmake:

-- Found GMM++: /home/kde4dev/kde/include
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these packages.
+ OpenGL
+ Eigen
+ Plasma
+ libusb
+ libcfitsio
+ libsbigudrv
+ libnova
+ Plasma
+ OpenGL
+ Plasma
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ OCaml: OCaml is needed by Kalzium <http://caml.inria.fr/>
+ LibFacile: libfacile is needed by Kalzium
<http://www.recherche.enac.fr/log/facile/>
+ OpenBabel2, 2.2: OpenBabel is needed by Kalzium
<http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/>
+ Boost.Python, 1.31: Kig can optionally use Boost.Python for Python scripting
<http://www.boost.org/>
+ GNU Readline: A library for editing typed command lines
<http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html>
Gives KAlgebra a console interface.
+ Gmm++, 3.0: A generic C++ template library for sparse, dense and skyline
matrices <http://home.gna.org/getfem/>
Required to build Step.

Obviously, GMM++ was found (see first line), but it's still listed with the
other not found optional packages (and as far as I understand it, Step would
not have been built because of this, though I did not test it). I looked into
it and came up with the attached patch. Is this the correct solution? If so:
Could someone apply the patch for me?

Philippe Widmer