[kde-edu]: announcement

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Oct 12 14:31:15 CEST 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007 20:15, Vladimir wrote:
> Hello,

> > > I've recently implemented embedding formulas in notes on the scene. Not
> > > very big feature, but quite important for teachers. Plus several
> > > important bugfixes.
> >
> > Maybe you can elaborate a bit more and tell me HOW it would be
> > important for teachers, and it gets into the announcement... A link is
> > highly appreciated, even if it's just a commit.
>
> When teacher creates a simulation to demonstrate some physical problem to
> students, (s)he may want to annotate it: add text explaining the problem
> and its solution. The text about physical problem will almost certainly
> contain some formulas which teacher wants to add. (by the way this feature
> was implemented after request from teacher Nikiforakis Manos from Greece
> ;-) I've created the screenshot: http://edu.kde.org/step/pics/note.png

Wow!  If I ever saw a more perfect chance for integration with KOffice's
Kformula tool (or rather: Flake shape), I don't remember it.  This makes it
even more clear to me that we have to make available a lot of the KOffice
technology to the rest of KDE.

Some of it will happen in KDE 4.1, as Jos can testify about, but that's mostly
OpenDocument stuff.  Maybe we should expand the scope of this technology
transfer.  :-)

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |