[kde-edu]: KTurtle language (was Re: Fwd: Translating KTurle commands)

Jeremy jeremy at scitools.com
Wed Nov 7 16:45:45 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 15:19:00 Jeff Shipley wrote:

> I really don't think that using more conventional Logo syntax would make
> it more complicated or more difficult, but it could actually help to
> increase the userbase of KTurtle.  I agree with Mauricio that the goal
> should be making KTurtle easy for children to use rather than compliance
> with a (non-existent) Logo standard, but I also think that the more
> feature complete it is the more likely it is that KTurtle will be adopted
> by educators.

I agree, I think the only thing that making kturtle conform to the logo
language is the ability to run logo programs that exist.  So the decision
should consider the ease of use of the language, and whether or not having a
large codebase of examples (if such a thing even exists) and possibly a
userbase is important.

just my 2 cents :)

Jeremy