[kde-edu]: KTouch with ca_enhanced

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Fri May 18 13:47:59 CEST 2007

RalfGesellensetter <rgx at gmx.de> writes:
> Dear Yannick,

Hello Ralf,

> months ago, I tried also some localisation for Ktouch. The problem
> was back then, that the version in Debian-Edu Sarge ("Skolelinux
> Venus") did not support loading lectures with international
> characters. [...]

After research, it seems that the dead key problem was fixed in
February or March.  I tried ktouch from svn trunk and I can input a
"è" without problems.  Previously, when I typed "`" it instantly
appeared in the screen and typing "e" afterward would not transform it
to "è".  I was surprised by the ease of building from svn, I recall a
time when building anything from the kde trunk was a major pain.

Still, there doesn't seem to be a way to tell ktouch which key to
highlight on the interface.  If the user knows what combo to type, no
problem but nothing is highlighted on the screen.  I attach a layout
file for the Canadian French layout.  It is like the us layout but
with accents as dead-keys instead of brackets.  Ideally, the brackets
would be marked as HiddenKey; we access them with shift+[some accent
key].

Could someone knowledgeable in ktouch confirm that there is no way to
hint the user for dead-key combos?  If there is one, I will adapt the
layout file, if there is none I will submit the layout as-is in a bug
report.  Unless someone suggest a better submission channel.

Best regards,

--
Yannick Gingras