[kde-edu]: KDE4 Alpha 1 release - dependencies list needed

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon May 7 18:42:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4_Alpha_1
 > and it would be good to have a list of each app dependencies
 > and how to get the required version for this dependency.

 > For example: Kalzium depends on Eigen
 > -> Eigen website URL
 > -> minimum version number and usual name from distros if
 > any (the prefered way is for users to get dependencies from
 > their distro)
 > -> link to sources to download if necessary

KStars just recently decided to stop distributing our own copy of the
cfitsio library.  Like the eigen dependency in Kalzium, cfitsio isn't a
requirement; if the user doesn't have cfitsio, the FITS-related features
in KStars will simply not be compiled.

cfitsio home: http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/fitsio/fitsio.html
Minimum version:  3.0?  Maybe Jasem can provide the real number...
download link:
ftp://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/fitsio/c/cfitsio3040.tar.gz

 > Thanks for answering quite quickly if possible,

Sorry for the late reply (I just had my wedding yesterday!)

 > Anne-Marie

Jason