[kde-edu]: KDE4 Alpha 1 release - dependencies list needed

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon May 7 13:21:17 CEST 2007

On Sunday 6 May 2007 16:24:36 Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2007 17:51:15 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> > For example: Kalzium depends on Eigen
> > -> Eigen website URL
> > -> minimum version number and usual name from distros if any (the
> > prefered way is for users to get dependencies from their distro)
> > -> link to sources to download if necessary
>
> Just for the record, it is not a real dependency. If Eigen is not found not
> all features will be compiled in. Thats it.
>
> Carsten

The point is to make the user aware of where he can found the dependency.
Users will want to get the molecule viewer for ex so we must provide them the
correct info to do so.

Current output for me from cmake in kdeedu:

+ LibFacile: libfacile is needed by Kalzium
<http://www.recherche.enac.fr/log/facile/>
+ OpenBabel2, 2.1: OpenBabel is needed by Kalzium
<http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/>
+ Eigen, 1.0.1: Eigen is needed by Kalzium <http://eigen.tuxfamily.org>
+ Boost.Python, 1.31: Kig can optionally use Boost.Python for Python scripting
<http://www.boost.org/>
+ libsbigudrv, 1.00: SBIG Universal Driver is needed by KStars
<http://indi.sourceforge.net/>

It does not say which part of Kalzium will not be built for example. Also it
does not point to sources.
I think that for users and for distros packegers, the more information we
provide the better.
So I'd prefer having links to sources, especially for sourceforge projects
which I find more and more difficult to navigate into. If this is possible!

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie