[kde-edu]: Discussing the legend in Kalzium

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Mar 27 19:41:30 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 27. März 2007 19:11 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> Am Dienstag 27 März 2007 18:01 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> > What do you suggest? Currently I am in favor of a secondary windows
> > which is only popping up when the users wants it.

> I don't like the current block position (not only because the "Block"
> words are not on the same x-position; but rather because meta-content
> is mixed with flat-content).

Sorry, I don't understand you... Which X-position? What meta- and what
flat-content?

Do you mean the colours used? They are not important in the screenshots, I
just took the screenies in the mode I was just in...

What is a "Block"-word?

> Apart from the sidewidget solution (last entry on the left side), I
> realise that there is still plenty of space in your icon bar (top). You
> could add 4 colored icons (s,p,d,f) that display a corresponding info
> box if you click them or perform any other action (make corresponding
> elements flash e.g.).

> The popup window is also an option, you could add a legend icon in the
> icon bar.

The icon is already there. Currently is toggles if or if not the legend is
drawn on the table-canvas.

> Can the colors be customized?

Yes

> S and F are quite close (purple/pink?),

I wonder which screenie you look at... S and F are both green in
http://edu.kde.org/kalzium/pics/screen1.png while they are brown/green in
kalzium_small.png...

> but this is okay. The popup for Bromine could BTW also use the
> correspoinding color somewhere (rounded frame?)

That could be implemented. Care to file a bugreport so that I don't forget
it? :)

Carsten