[kde-edu]: Step and Summer of Code ?

Vladimir Kuznetsov ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:06:02 CET 2007

On 3/15/07, Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. März 2007 19:47 schrieb Vladimir Kuznetsov:
> > First step to 3d can be "read-only" simulation that user can view (and
> > can modify only fixed amount of numerical parameters) but can not
> > create using GUI. It still not requires implementing 3d editor, but
> > already can show lots of cool things (for example 3d molecules, this
> > is what I mentioned in previous post). Then we could implement 3d
> > rigid bodies, and then 3d editor. But I think that first of all we
> > should make usable 2d version.
>
> If you define an editor as "particle distribution will be generated at random,
> but the use can can define parameters (# of particles, min/min density, ...)"
> then an editor should be fairly easy.
Yes, it can be done quite easily, and may be quite useful especially
for molecular dynamics. There is also questions about integrating it
in current UI: honestly I think that 3d version should appear to user
as separate program. Am I wrong ?

> From that on, implement the "real editor" step by step.
It is likely than this will be a way to go.

Personally I think that finishing 2d version is more important for
now. What do you think ?

--
       Best Regards,
          Vladimir