[kde-edu]: KDE & Science: News from Chemnitz

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Mon Mar 5 11:29:54 CET 2007

Dear list,

having returned from the Chemnitz Linux Days (CLT2007), I like to share
things that came to my knowledge during dozens of interesting talks:

If you read German you can also have a look at
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/Chemnitz2007/Ergebnisse - otherwise just
follw the links on that page ;)

Odile from OFSET.org (France) directed me to some inexpensive hardware
that can be used to connect measurement devices to your PC, driven
entirely by free and open software. This could be interesting for
projects like Kalzium or Step<core>:

USBDUX http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/ is delivered with 100% free and
open software drivers.

From India (and cheaper as kit) comes the Phoenix adapter that is also
supported by a special live CD for science with >40 top level
applications:

http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Freeduc-science
http://www.nsc.res.in/~elab/phoenix/

@Carsten: Do you remember the devices at our school? Maybe this is going