[kde-edu]: Requesting Cancellation/Removal of Physiks

Vladimir Kuznetsov ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 10:53:45 CET 2007

On 2/9/07, Harish Kukreja <harish.kukreja at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Due to unsustainable development and project redundancy with the newly
> introduced Step/StepCore, I request that Physiks be removed from the KDE4
> repository. I cannot find the time to continue programming for Physiks at an
> acceptable rate with my university studies. Furthermore, Step's design and
> goals are very similar to those of Physiks and much of the proposed
> functionality overlaps. Step already implements almost all of the originally
> planned features of Physiks.
>
> I will try to implement the initial ideas of Physiks (e.g. rapid scripting
> of simulations) in Step when I find time to do so.
Rapid scripting is very cool thing: it allows a lot more than
interactive editing which Step currently has. I'm looking forward to
you contribution.

And thank you for your work on Physiks: regardless of its future it
already yields an interest to the subject among people which is very
important.

--
       Best Regards,
          Vladimir