[kde-edu]: Requesting Cancellation/Removal of Physiks

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Feb 9 21:44:35 CET 2007

Le Friday 09 February 2007 21:36:20 Harish Kukreja, vous avez écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Due to unsustainable development and project redundancy with the newly
> introduced Step/StepCore, I request that Physiks be removed from the KDE4
> repository. I cannot find the time to continue programming for Physiks at
> an acceptable rate with my university studies. Furthermore, Step's design
> and goals are very similar to those of Physiks and much of the proposed
> functionality overlaps. Step already implements almost all of the
> originally planned features of Physiks.
>
> I will try to implement the initial ideas of Physiks (e.g. rapid scripting
> of simulations) in Step when I find time to do so.
>
> Sincerest apologies,
>
> Harish Kukreja

No problem, no need to apology! We'll remove it, the main thing is that the
code is in svn so it's available if someone needs it one day.
Playground is for trying things and sometimes things cannot go too far. Maybe
you generated the impulse for a Physik program which is already great.
I hope you'll stay around and I wish you the success you deserve in your
studies,

Anne-Marie