[kde-edu]: Step: interactive physical simulator

Vladimir Kuznetsov ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:15:01 CET 2007

Hello !

On 1/29/07, Ben Crawford <crawford_ben at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> First let me say this project interests me for a number of reasons.
>
> Summer break is quickly coming to an end here in New Zealand and I will be
> back teaching high school physics in a few short weeks.
I can only dream about summer here in Moscow. Especially when I need
to go out and feel -15C on my face ;-) (actually I've lived in Kiev
before where winter is notable warmer).

> I am also near the beginning of programming with C++/Qt/KDE so my
> programming skills are limited.  However, I would very much like to be
> involved in this project in some capacity.  As a teacher of physics and
> math(s) I have been less than impressed with educational software but
> kde-edu is quickly expanding the horizons.
>
> I will continue to monitor the progress of this app and lend a hand when I
> can.
Thanks a lot for you interest. By the way there are some interesting
tasks in Step that require more mathematics than programming. For
example simulation of soft bodies, fluids and gases - having this
integrated together with classical mechanics can be very useful.

--
       Best Regards,
          Vladimir